BCI/BCSI Series Architectural Sill-Height Convector
The BCI/BCSI architectural sill-height convector (also known as draft barriers) are designed to fit under large windows to prevent cold down drafts. These heaters can provide total or supplemental heating for a variety of applications.
- Installation Options: Units may be mounted to the wall flush on the floor or on pedestals. Custom lengths, blank sections, and inside or outside corners are available for wall-to-wall installations. Units can be ordered with Option “S” for smooth painted finish when the back of the heater is visible.
- Added Safety: The sloped-top of the BCSI prevents objects from being set on top of the heater, which can restrict airflow and cause overheating.
- Choice of Colors: Heaters can be matched to any décor. White or almond is standard and a wide range of optional colors and custom finishes including anodized aluminum are available.
Stainless steel elements with aluminum fins float on high temperature nylon bushings for quiet operation.
Cabinet is constructed of 18-gauge steel with a 14-gauge aluminum front cover. The unit has an epoxy/polyester powder paint finish in white or almond. End caps are provided on all units.
The fresh air inlet grille is located on the front of the unit. The outlet grille has openings less than 0.25 inches to discourage tampering with the heating element (pencil-proof).
Linear limit, automatic reset thermal cutout.
Each baseboard heater has a junction box located on both ends and a built-in full length wireway.
Field or factory-installed low voltage relay and thermostat kits fit into the right-hand junction box only. BCI heaters 200 watt/ft or greater are not designed for residential use in the United States. BCSI heaters are not approved for residential use in the United States.
Factory Built-in Options
- Bottom Air Inlet
- Disconnect Switch
- Custom Length
- High Altitude Automatic Cutout
- With Transformer
- Pneumatic Relay
- Triac Proportional Relay
- Smooth painted finish on heater back
- Tamperproof Thermostat
- Adjustable Thermostat
Shipped loose for field installation into heater
- Pedestal Kit
- Splice Plate
- Contour Splice Plate
- Relay Kit
- Relay Kit with Transformer
- Blank Section
- Tamperproof Thermostat Kit
- Thermostat Kit
- Remote Wall Mount Thermostat
- Line Voltage
- Low Voltage
Air, Rail, or Bus Terminals