IMO 2020 and the oil and gas industry
Download our guide to IMO 2020 and its effect on the oil and gas industry
IMO 2020 is a new regulation from the United Nations that will drastically drop the sulphur content restriction on fuel for the shipping industry from 3.5% to 0.5% by 2020. While it doesn’t directly regulate the oil and gas industry, it will strongly influence refineries, as they process and supply fuel for ships.
To prepare for this major industry change, process engineers must understand the scope of the regulation — and how to adjust their facilities to meet these new and evolving demands.
- Why the regulation is being enacted
- The three ways in which shipowners can comply with IMO 2020
- The methods of compliance most pertinent to the oil and gas industry
- Industry experts’ outlooks for oil refineries and LNG facilities
- How heating technology will play an important role for refineries in the IMO 2020 transition
Download the guide today to begin formulating your facility’s strategy to meet the demands of IMO 2020-compliant fuels and ensure your refinery gets ahead of the transition.