870 Series Contactor Control Panel
The 870 Series Contactor Temperature Control panel is ON/OFF process temperature control and is recommended for applications that do not demand precise temperature control. Systems with two or more heating stages utilize an electronic sequencer (step controller) driven by a proportional output temperature controller to minimize the amount of load cycling while providing good temperature control. The panel is completely assembled, pre-wired, tested, and ready for trouble free installation and operation. Designed for use in industrial environments and outdoor installations.
- UL Listed/CSA Approved
- NEMA 4/12 Painted Steel Enclosure1
- PID self-tuning temperature controller (adjustable process temperature with standard type “J” thermo-couple input)
- Over-temperature controller (adjustable temperature limit with standard type “K” thermocouple input)
- Disconnecting 50 Amp contactor for resistive loads (per circuit)
- 120 VAC control power transformer with primary and secondary fusing
- Power circuit fusing
- Microprocessor-based sequencer (for panels with two or more heating stages)
- Door interlocking disconnect switch
- Manual reset pushbutton with built-in pilot light (red) for “OVER-TEMPERATURE” alarm
- Selector Switch – ON/OFF with built-in pilot light (green) for “POWER ON” indication
- Terminals for customer supplied remote interlock
- Wiring diagram permanently affixed to the inside of the cover
- Short Circuit Current Rating of 5 KA
These relays are activated by safety devices, such as a flow switch or remote shutoff.
Additional indicator lights may be specified for visual indication of system status, such as "LOW TEMPERATURE".
Audible Alarm Package
Includes a horn, pilot light, latching relay and a push button for silencing the horn.
Low Liquid Cutoﬀ
The relay is mounted and wired with sensing probe shipped loose for field installation.
This package consists of a motor starter for pump motor start-up. Motor starter is internally mounted and field connected to the pump motor.
The customer may specify the use of special process or over-temperature controllers for a different temperature range, sensor input, control mode, etc.
A heater and thermostat are provided to prevent condensation and maintain minimum ambient temperature for electrical components.
Identification markers are attached to both ends of all control and power wires.
Tagging of Internal Parts
Permanent tags are attached to the subpanel near internal parts and marked with component titles as noted on the wiring diagram.
A cast aluminum enclosure is rated for Class I, Groups C & D and Class II, Groups E, F & G (NEMA 7, 9).
Type Z for Class I, Division 2 areas Type X for Class I, Division 1 areas.
Optional Temperature Inputs
Type "K" thermocouple inputs or "RTD" inputs.
Stainless Steel Panel Enclosure (NEMA 4X)
This con-struction provides extra corrosion resistance for harsh environments1.
65 KA interupting amp rating.
(1) Agency listed for NEMA 4 only.
For product specifications, refer to our technical document center.