RCI Series Cove Heater
Cove heaters are designed to supply efficient radiant heat. They provide greater comfort at lower temperature settings and can be set up for individual or zone control to reduce energy costs.
- Radiant Heat: Radiant energy travels in a straight line from the heater to people and objects in the room, warming the space.
- Convection Flow: The design of the heater provides a convection flow from behind and over the top of the unit to circulate warm air into the room.
- Virtually Maintenance Free: No moving parts to replace or service.
- Wall Installation: For ease of installation, brackets are supplied that do not require the opening of the heater’s casing.
Stainless steel tubular heating element.
Heater has an 18-gauge G-90 galvanized steel frame. Front panel shall be extruded heavy gauge aluminum.
Heater shall be provided with a silichem off-white, matt black, or anodized aluminum finish chosen for radiant heating applications. Additional colors are available to blend in with the decor.
Junction boxes with 4″ (102mm) ground wires are provided on both ends. Two 7/8″ (22mm) knockouts are provided on the back of the heater for ease of wiring. A wireway is provided that is approved for interconnection of units for wall-to-wall applications.
Minimum clearances: 6′ (1.83m) from the floor; and 4-1/2″ (114mm) from ceiling. A variety of accessories are available for wall-to-wall installations.
Factory Built-in Options
- Adjustable Thermostat
Shipped loose for field installation into heater.
- Splice plate
- Adjustable Thermostat Kit
- Double-pole with off position, mounted in a 4” section
- Remote Wall Mounted Thermostat
- Line Voltage