The heating equipment shall include an electric, ceiling-mounted type 937 Series fan-forced air heater suitable for large area heating as manufactured by Indeeco®.
- CDFSE “surface enclosures” are designed to mount flat on the ceiling and extend only 6 in. into the room
- CDFRE “recessed enclosures” have no protrusions outside recess box, allowing the heater to recess only 7 in. into ceiling space. Mounts in T-Bar or permanent ceiling with trim ring
- 208V and 240V heaters can be field-converted from single- to three-phase operation. 5,000-watt heater can be field-converted to 3,800 or 2,500 watts and 4,000-watt heater to 3,000 or 2,000 watts
- BMS-compatible with use of relays
- Three adjustable airflow patterns from 14 ft. ceilings: wide, narrow or asymmetrical patterns
- Automatic fan delay eliminates cold drafts on start-up and discharges residual heat from the heater body during shut down
- Automatic thermal cutout: shuts off the heater in the event of over-heating and reactivates heater when temperature returns to normal
- Easy installation: Thumb pins align and temporarily hold enclosure cover to heating section freeing both hands to finish installation
The heating equipment shall include an electric, ceiling-mounted type 937 Series fan-forced air heater suitable for large area heating as manufactured by Indeeco.
Heater shall be cULus listed.
The heater shall be designed for surface, recess, or T-Bar mounting. For surface mounting, an Indeeco FIE-SEB-N surface enclosure shall be used. For T-Bar mounting, an Indeeco FIE-REB-N recess enclosure shall be used. For recessed mounting in a permanent ceiling, an Indeeco FIE-REB-N recess enclosure and FIK-TK-N trim kit shall be used.
The heaters shall be factory wired for single-phase operation and field convertible to three-phase operation by removing one jumper wire.
The heaters should be factory wired for full wattage and field convertible to 75% or 50% wattage by the removal of one or two wires respectively.
HEATER SECTION: The heater section shall consist of a 20 gauge steel chassis on which are mounted the heating elements, fan motor and blade, fan control, thermal cutout, and 3-pole contactor. Heater section shall be completely prewired.
HEATER ELEMENTS: The heating elements shall be warrantied for five years and shall be of non-glowing design consisting of 80/20 NiCh resistance wire, enclosed in a steel sheath, to which steel plate fins are brazed. The elements shall cover the entire air intake area to ensure uniform heating of all discharged air.
MOTOR AND CONTROLS: The fan motor shall be impedance-protected, permanently lubricated, and with totally-enclosed rotor. Fan control shall be bi-metallic, snap-action type and shall activate the fan immediately and continue to operate the fan after the thermostat is satisfied and until all heated air has been discharged. Thermal cutout shall be bi-metallic snap-action type designed to automatically shut off the heater in the event of overheating and reactivate the heater when temperature returns to normal.
OPERATIONAL CONTROLS: Thermostat, disconnect switch, and all interlock relays shall be installed within the heater enclosure.
RECESS ENCLOSURE: The back box shall be designed for duty as a recessed rough-in box in masonry, T-Bar, or frame ceiling construction. The back box shall be 20 gauge galvanized steel and shall contain knockouts through which field wiring leads are brought. Enclosures to recess into a maximum 7 inches of ceiling space.
The louvered recess faceplate shall be of 20 gauge cold rolled steel, phosphatized, then electrostatically painted White by a baked enamel process.
SURFACE ENCLOSURE: The surface mounting plate shall be designed for duty as a rough-in box on masonry, T-Bar, or frame ceiling construction. The surface mounting plate shall be 20 gauge galvanized steel and shall contain knockouts through which field wiring leads are brought. Enclosure to extend a maximum of 6 inches into the heated space.
The louvered surface wrapper shall be contoured aluminum extrusion and 20 gauge sheet metal combination with rounded corners. The surface wrapper shall be electrostatically painted Beige or White by a baked enamel process.
- Temp Range: 45°–90°F
- CFM: 300
- Grille Gauge: 20
- Conference Rooms
- Waiting Rooms
- Entrance Ways