Fire Suppression Tank Heating
Indeeco has helped with many different heating challenges in their history. Here is a case study written by Jonathan Newton about fire suppression tank heating.
Keep a large tank of water above freezing, so it is available at a moment’s notice. The sizing needed to take into account the fact that the tank would be insulated and installed in Oklahoma. Additionally, it needed to be sized according to the NFPA-22, which sets all the guidelines for water tank and storage applications.
The solution was a 781-series pre-engineered tank heater that would be sized via Indeeco’s proprietary tank heater sizing application and according to the NFPA-22 temperature maps. The 781-series heater is a complete all-in-one package that includes; the heater, controls, and enclosure to provide a plug and play heater that is sized for the individual application.
Here is a list of the benefits of using this tank heater:
- The heater is mounted to the tank by one of three methods: ANSI flange mount, Indeeco adapter mount, or with a custom rectangular flange.
- Heating elements are installed in 3″ NPS pipes of sufficient wall thickness to prevent the pipe from distorting from the generated heat. Multiple pipes can be provided as required.
- Built on pre-wired contactor control panel with digital thermostat and high limit protection.
- Heating element can easily be replaced without draining the tank.∙
- The flexible heating element design allows for clearance of only 48″ on all immersed lengths.
- Caustic Soda
- Fish/Animal oils
- Fuel oils
- Inorganic heavy chemicals
- Organic chemicals
- Synthetic fibers
- Vegetable oils
Indeeco Storage Tank Heaters are an effective way to heat large storage tanks containing a variety of liquids both in non-hazardous and hazardous locations. In large applications where multiple pipes are required, non-individually controlled storage tank heaters provide a cost effective alternative.
Contact an Indeeco representative at www.indeeco.com to discuss about a tank heater.