When there is limited space or with the need of a low cost explosion-proof unit heater, Indeeco’s COMPACT is the right fit! This heater is designed with both size and economy in mind. Check out the safety features this great heater can provide!
There are many advantages and unique features that the COMPACT offers:
- Compact Size: This small design is only 13 inches wide. It makes it ideal for applications where there is limited space available.
- Low Cost: The COMPACT design offers the most economical solution for heating small Class I. Group D hazardous areas. It is a cost effective alternative to the use of other explosion-proof convection heaters.
- Redundant Overtemperature Protection: Primary and secondary automatic reset thermal cutouts for additional safety.
- Stainless Steel Construction: Provides superior corrosion resistant protection. Optional Dirty Duty construction adds polyester powder coating to all aluminum parts for use in corrosive applications.
- Optional Marine Duty Construction: The COMPACT design is ideal for shipboard use where size, weight and corrosion resistant construction are critical.
Standard Construction Features
- Heating Elements: Industrial grade, Type 304 stainless steel finned tubular heating elements are manufactured by Indeeco.
- Terminal Enclosure: A NEMA 7, 9 cast aluminum enclosure with a threaded bottom cover permits easy access to the built-in controls from underneath the heater.
- Housing: Round, 16-gauge stainless steel shroud.
- Grilles: An adjustable stainless steel louvered outlet grille directs airflow 45° up or down and a heavy gauge stainless steel rear grille protects against accidental contact with the fan blade.
- Stainless Steel Swivel Mounting Bracket: Supplied as standard with all COMPACT explosion-proof unit heaters. This multi-purpose bracket can be used for either wall or ceiling mounting.
- Built-in Controls: Include primary and secondary automatic reset overtemperature cutout, controlling contactor, and a time delay relay which will keep the fan running to cool the heating elements after they have been de-energized.
- Fan Motor Assembly: Consist of a 120-volt, 1-phase 60 hertz motor fitted with an aluminum fan blade. The motor that is fully enclosed is an UL Listed for Class I, Group D applications and includes permanently lubricated ball bearings and built-in thermal overload protection. The motor is factory wired into the enclosure to reduce field wiring, but will require a separate 120-volt power supply.
The COMPACT has worked successful in:
- Chemical storage/Handling areas
- Compressor stations
- Marine and offshore
- Oil platforms and refineries
- Sewage/Wastewater treatment plants
- Spray booths
If you are interested in the COMPACT please visit www.indeeco.com to speak with a representative.