Indeeco has 50 standard models of UHIR unit heaters available. These heaters have ratings up to 50 KW at Voltages of 208, 240, 277 and 480 single or three-phase. They are available with a wide variety of factory built-in or field-installed options.
The UHIR unit heaters have several standard features listed below:
- Temperature Control: Single-stage or two-stage control with built-in or remote-mounted thermostats are available on all heaters.
- Control Options: This feature is available as a factory built-in or field-installed to meet any job specifications.
- Custom KW’s: If your industry requires a custom KW, Indeeco is able to provide up to 50 KW.
- Discharge Direction: This heater has the ability to be mounted for either horizontal or vertical discharge, using an optional universal wall/ceiling mounting bracket or with field-furnished threaded rods for ceiling mounting.
- Color Options: The standard color is camel. There are also six optional colors available: grey, yellow, red, white, blue or textured beige. Heaters may be supplied with unpainted corrosion-resistant galvanized steel.
Standard Construction Features
Every standard UHIR unit heater is constructed with standard features:
- Heating Elements: Industrial grade, 0.475″ diameter steel sheath with brazed copper plated steel fins and epoxy sealed ends. Draw-thru airflow design allows air to be pulled across the heating elements to ensure a cool element operation and even air distribution that results in a long element life.
- Housing: Heating elements and motor are enclosed in a heavy gauge galvanized steel cabinet with a durable polyester powder coat finish.
- Outlet Grille: Individually adjustable louvers are provided to allow direct airflow. A protective outlet fan guard is provided to prevent insertion of foreign objects.
- Fan Motor: Permanently lubricated and thermally protected motor.
- Built-in Controls: All units will include an automatic reset thermal cutout that will de-energize the heater if an overtemperature condition may occur. A manual reset thermal cutout, in addition to an automatic reset thermal cutout, is standard on heaters 10 KW and above. A fan relay is provided to allow the elements to heat up before fan startup and purges the heater of residual heat after shutdown. A 24 Volt transformer and disconnecting contactor are provided on most heaters. Single-phase heaters are rated at 5 KW or less have line voltage controls; 24 Volt control and contactor are available. Power fusing is standard on all heaters rated over 48 amps.
- Mounting: Every unit will have universal horizontal or vertical discharge. Optional diffusers are available for vertical discharge. An Anemostat diffuser can be used to provide draft-free air movement at lower mounting heights. For higher mounting heights, radial diffuser with adjustable fins can be used to increase floor coverage or adjusted for a vertical down blast of air.
The UHIR unit heater successfully work in these types of applications:
- Storage areas
- Mechanical rooms
- Pump houses
- Service areas in air handling units
- Shipping and receiving areas
Please contact Indeeco to discuss how the UHIR unit heater may fit your heating requirements by visiting www.indeeco.com.